When providing a test with limited duration to students, some student might have the right to additional time to complete a test. As creator of the test you can indicate which students should get extra time for the test via the course-group they are in.
This article shows how you can specify the additional time for students in a test.
Important properties about additional time:
- Additional time will be added to the default duration specified in the test settings.
- If you don't specify a default duration, the additional time will not be used.
- The general closing time of the test will always supersede the duration (including the additional time).
So: at closing time, all attempts will be automatically closed, including the attempts with additional time.
- Adding/removing students to/from a group will automatically update their remaining time in active test attempts.
- Adding/removing extra time for a group in the test course settings will automatically update the remaining time in all affected active test attempts.
Take the following steps to give a group of students additional time in a test. Further down this article each step is shown in a screenshot.
- Go to your course monitor.
- Make sure you've added the students, who should get extra time, to a group. Read more here about how to assign student to a group and read more here about adding students to group when uploading a CSV of students.
- Go to the edit-view of the test in which you want to give the group of students extra time.
- Make sure the (default) duration is specified.
- Click "More/Edit course settings" to go to the course settings (such as additional time) for this specific test.
- Select the course from the dropdown in which you want to specify extra time for this test.
- Find the course group in the list and add the number of minutes the students should receive on top of the default duration.
- Click "save" to save the additional time.
Below each step will be shown in more detail using screenshots.
- Go to your course monitor.
2. Select the students you want add to a group to give additional time during a test, and click "Assign to group".
Select a group or create a new group and click "Add to group".
3. Go to the edit-view of the test in which you want to give the group of students extra time.
4. Make sure the default duration is specified.
5. Click "More/Edit course settings" to go to the course settings for this test to specify additional time which should be used within this test.
6. Select the course from the dropdown in which you want to specify extra time for the test.
NOTE: you have to specify the test per course-test combination. If you are using a single test in multiple courses OR using multiple tests in a single course, you have to indicate the extra time for all of the unique course-test combinations.
7. Find the course group in the list and add the number of minutes the students should receive on top of the default duration.
8. Click "save" to save the additional time.
Now all students in that group will receive the additional time if they start a new attempt or if they are having an active attempt when you click Save.
If you have any questions or feedback about this functionality, please reach out to us via the chat in the right bottom corner.